I was recently in Leon, a popular fast-food restaurant and on the menu, they had a Naked Burger… well that’s interesting I thought, what’s a naked burger? Well, it turns out that it’s a burger without the burger, so no bread (can that still be called a burger?) anyway, it got me thinking…
I’m old enough to remember that guy… the Naked Chef, oh the excitement that it created back in 1999 and the disappointment that he wasn’t naked at all, but the food was! Jamie in my mind will always be that person, despite the term not being used for over 20 years, I still have his book on my shelf and every time I open it I can’t help but say ‘Pukka’, we’re not saying that but I do want to borrow the ‘naked’ phrase for our new product range, I hope he won’t mind.
So, Naked Beds. Yep, that’s exactly what we’re doing.
I spend a lot of time in the showroom talking to our lovely soon-to-be customers and they love the huge choice of fabrics we offer but for some it can be a little daunting, which is why we’re on there to hold your hand and help you find the perfect bed if you’re not in a hurry that’s fine and we encourage you to take all the time you need, after all, our beds will last a long time and it’s important to get it right.
But if you need a bed really quickly, then choosing a fabric can become a little stressful, you need a bed urgently, but you don’t want to make the wrong colour choice, you may have just moved into a new place and you don’t know what look and feel you want for your new home yet. Well, that’s why we created The Naked Bed, it’s simple really, we have a range of sizes in our most popular bed design Max (our bed with the deepest storage), which we deliver Naked. Like the Leon burger with no bread, we deliver the bed without its final fabric. You get a fully functional bed, with all the storage you crave, but the final fabric is fitted when you are ready. The Naked Beds are prepared for our clever removable covers and any of our headboard designs, we’ll come and fit them with no disruption to you or the storage inside your bed. So, if you want a bed quickly and you’re a little undecided on the colour this range is designed for you.
How it works:
- Visit our showroom or choose your bed size on-line
- View our fabric and headboard ranges to get an idea of what we offer, if you find one you like, order it with your bed. If you need more time, that’s fine – take as long as you need. Call us for samples and expert advice.
- Within two weeks your bed will be delivered naked, and the fabric, headboard and any accessories will be delivered later.
- Enjoy your amazing new bed, fill up the storage area, sleep well and love your home
* Leon now make carbon-neutral burgers… that’s our next challenge for our beds, we’re working on it!